Item no.: SICA08F
The Lancia LC2, designed by Dallara, was engaged by Lancia for the first time in 1983 in the Sport-Prototype category, according to Group C regulations. It was powered by a Ferrari engine, whose head were derived from those of the 288 GTO; its electronic engine management was highly adbanced for that time. The engine itself was a 3 liters V8 90 degree, liqud-cooled, with two turbochargers that could work at a maximum pressure of 3 bars, with four valves per cylinder driven by double over head camshaft. The maximum power was 840 hp at 7000 rpm. It was coupled to a Hewland gearbox with 5 gears. The wheels diameter was 15 inches at the front and 17 at the rear. Chassis was made of alumnum and magnesium; body material was carbon fiber composite. The overall weight was 850 kg.
As long as it raced with official factory backing, the Lancia LC2 was possibly the only car which could compete with the Porsche 956 in terms of pure speed, but it lacked the necessary reliability on long distances. This car No.6 took part to the qualifying for the 1000 km of Brands Hatch in 1984, driven by Pierluigi Martini, Paolo Barilla and Bob Wollek. These drivers entered the race on cars No.4 and No.5.