Slot.it Professional Pinion Extractor Press, New 2018
The Slot.it extractor/press is the perfect companion for the slot car enthusiast. It presses and removes pinions. Now in its 3rd release, it works for shaft of 1.5mm and 2mm diameter, pinions from 4.5 to 7mm, and when used together the SISP30 spare part it allows pinion pressing without removing the motor from the car, on Slot.it and most other maker's cars, either sidewinder or anglewinder cars.
Main frame: entirely made in fiberglass reinforced plastic. The main screw runs through two comoulded brass threads to avoid wearout of the thread itself. The dimension of the plastic body has been designed to cater for most electrical motors for slot cars, from the most common short can to the more sophisticated, double long transmission shaft 4WD motors.
Multifunction brass tool: it can be used to extract or press pinions. It can be rotated around its axis so that the proper tool (pin, for extraction, or cavity, for pressing) is used. The pinion housing for this element is designed to house pinions with a diameter ranging from 5.5mm to 7.5mm without damaging them.
Extraction pin: comes in two diameters : 1.9mm for motors whose shaft is 2mm, and 1.4mm for motors whose shaft is 1.5mm. Please use the correct one.
Grub screw: M3 grub screw, used to keep the extraction pin in place.
Extraction plate: in special steel, it works together with the pin to separate the pinion from the motor.
Counter bushing: this is where the endbell opposite to the pinion must rest during pinion insertion. It can be inserted in either way depending on your motor's endbell. ever attempt to press a pinion unless the end of the shaft (the one opposed to the pinion) rests safely in the middle of this part ! If your motor's shaft does not go through the endbell, make sure it rests safely on the bushing.
Advancement screw: whose upper part comes with an ergonomic plastic knob, while the lower part is designed to couple perfectly with the tool's bevel, to reduce friction and to allow the press to operate perpendicularly without play.
How to press a pinion:
- Remove the steel extraction plate from the main body.
- Unscrew the knob screw (7,8).
- Slide the tool along the main body rails, the proper pinion housing facing downwards.
- Position the motor in a way that its case (with double shaft motors, the shaft which is not involved in the operation) in the counter bushing (6).
- Position the pinion in its housing on the tool and place the assembly next to the motor axle
- Screw the knob screw (7,8) forward until the tool and the pinion make contact..
- Start (by means of the handle screw) to insert the pinion in the motor axle.
- Once the operation is completed, loosen the handle screw and extract the motor.
How to extract a pinion:
- Loosen the knob screw
- Insert the multifunction tool with the proper plug (1.4 or 1.9mm) downwards and place it on the upper part of the extractor.
- Insert the steel extraction plate with the groove facing the tool
- Insert the motor so that the eyelet sits between the motor case and the pinion, facing the plug.
- Start fastening the handle screw until the pinion is fully extracted
- Upon completion, unscrew the handle screw and extract the motor.