Item no.: TP3005N
TekPower Regulated DC Variable Power Supply 0-30V, 0-5A.
The TekPower TP3005N is a professional DC regulated power supply from TekPower. This is a highly stable, high quality switching power supply with its output continuously adjustable at 0-30V and 0-5A. The unit comes with a large LED display, providing accurate readout for the voltage and current values. The cooling air fan will automatically start when the heat accumulates inside the enclosure.
- Switching mode mini power supply
- Coarse adjustment and fine adjustment function
- Low Noise
- Low Ripple
- Can be substituted for linear power supply
- Output DC Voltage: 0.0 - 30.V
- Output DC Current: 0.00 - 5:00 A
- Input Voltage: 110V/AC, 60Hz
- Voltage and Current adjustment
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 102 F (0 - 40 C), Relative Humidity: < 80%
- Size: 9 x 6.5 x 3.3 inches
- Weight: approx. 5 lbs
Note: Compatible with both Carrera Analog and Digital circuits. Typically, one power supply is sufficient for 2 lanes of analog racing. For 4 to 8 lane analog sets, additional power supplies will be required. Sufficient for all 6 Digital 132 cars or 4 Digital 124 cars.
You will need to use the wire and plug from the OEM power supply.
You will need to cut the wire from the OEM power supply. First identify which wire is positive and which is negative. Mark them with a piece of tape so you can still identify them after you cut the wire. Cut the wire off the origianl power supply about 1 foot from the actual transformer. Strip the wire about two inches and wrap the wire around each terminal for each lead. Red is positive, black is negative. Set the amperage to maximum and adjust the output voltage to 14.5-15V for 1/32 cars or 18V for 1/24 cars.